Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Dean Martin Love










I know I'm the last person to be giving dinnertime/mom advice here(see last post) but one of my secrets is cranking Dean Martin while I make dinner and try to make it through the last hour before the beloved husband gets home.

I mean it just makes sense. How can you feel grumpy and tired while listening to him? He exudes cool. The big-band in the background, the occasional well-placed Italian phrase= gold! 

And of course you've got to appreciate his constant cigarette and scotch in hand, even if its a little too early to have your own much deserved drink after a day of tantrums, toddler trouble, and diapers you feel Dean wouldn't judge you if you did! 

2 comments:

  1. I've always had a love for the Dean. I actually went to college in the town he was born! (Steubenville, OH)
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Christy, what a simply delightful homagin' of our Dino...cool to know that you recieve so much comfort and understandin' from our beloved Dino. Never was, never will be anyone as cool as the King of Cool...oh, to return to the days when Dino walked the earth....know that your Dino-reflections are bein' shared this very day at ilovedinomartin

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...