Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Routine!





I use the word "routine" with an exclamation point....theres gotta be something wrong with me!


I've got to admit that I've always enjoyed routine, and any kind of routine. It really is part of my personality that I try to hide but it comes out all the time. Since having kids though routine is a must and I'm more often thankful for it than burdened by it. I've had my kids on a "routine" since they were month old babies and have seen the great rewards of it everywhere-sleep, eating, teaching new skills, letting them be babysat by grandparents, introducing new things, etc. I honestly don't think I'd still be sane with three babies if I didn't seriously work at a routine and thus get an hour to two hours a day of everyone napping! Its wonderful!


But its funny how used to out routines we can become. My husband's job has just changed slightly, in that he's home a whole hour earlier! To most people I'm sure its no big deal, but to me its amazing! My day seems about 8 hours shorter already and its only been two days. So far its helped to miraculously dissipate the witching hour between 5-6:30 pm. I'm cooking a little earlier, the kids are happier, daddy's home at 5:30 and has loads of time to play with them before I'm completely stressed out and yelling at everyone while I try to finish dinner! Its a miracle! 


I guess I thought I'd just go on the record to say how grateful and appreciative I am! Its amazing what one hour can do to your day, or is am I the only one a slave to routine??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...