Thursday, February 2, 2012

Breaking Bread News!


My ball of dough!


And my finished product.

Omigoodness, could my pictures be anymore ghetto?

So let me just start off by saying I suck at making bread. The whole kneading, spooky yeast workings, rising for indefinite periods of time, all of it. I'm terrible! Its just one of my fatal flaws I guess. That why I was both excited and skeptical about Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day.

This is my first batch and I think I followed the recipe as closely as I could. Making the dough was a cinch, I've left it in the fridge and baked with a stone. I've got to say I'm pretty happy with it so far. The bread tastes delish, and the crust is really fabulous for putting absolutely no work into kneading or rising anything! 

Basically it could be bread for bread making dummies! I think I've got some more tweaking to do with my flour, oven temp, and obviously dough shaping. I think I can make prettier loaves once I get the hang of "slashing" the loaf like the book teaches. I love slashing stuff! This should come naturally. But I am pretty impressed with the recipe coming out as anything close to bread with me and my skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...