Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Five Favs




Linking up with Hallie!
I apologize in advance for the random randomness. How many weeks postpartum does it take to have complete thoughts again??


1.


I just love glasses. I've had contacts and I just don't like them that much. I've liked glasses since before they were cool. So I have multiple pairs...I've been meaning to get a nice cat-eye pair and these were the winners. Cat eye, but not too cat eye. Apparently to the toddler eye these are "mean lady" glasses though. So I'm sure some cartoon is responsible for this type of fashion stereotyping...

2.

The weather.
The weather has been fantabulous. I love spring! The trees have also started to come out here and its that beautiful new-leaf-green everywhere and I love it. And the children run free outside without the hideous restraints of snowsuits or any kind of clothing...
But it hasn't rained so now we need to start praying for that...are you listening weather??

3.


This has been "school" for the past few weeks. They're so well illustrated and the stories are just right for my age group. As in 3-6. The retold fairy tales are really well done I think. I most definitely need to expose Gemma to fairy tales other than Disney! She complained that Beauty in Jan Brett's version had blonde hair instead of brown "like the movie", to which I responded "EXPAND YOUR MIND KID!" I know, I was born to homeschool my children. 

4. 

Not Being Pregnant.
Is it awful to admit this is one of my favourite things?? I don't mean this to mean that pregnancy is bad. But when you've been pregnant for the majority of the past 6 years not being pregnant and being able to drink a margarita for your birthday is awesome! I admit it!!

5.

So its a known fact that I buy things according to the quality of its scent so I'm fully on board with this Method dish soap...the scent is Tomato Vine which sounds kinda gross but smells like the garden and it makes washing dishes amazing... Pssaah! Of course it doesn't but it does make it smell pleasant. 
Does the fact I'm talking about dish soap earn me a "I Need A Personality" badge??







4 comments:

  1. Well, I think I'm somwheres around 72 weeks postpartum, and I still don't have complete thoughts...

    Sometimes I wish I wore glasses, mostly so I could, you know, wear glasses. Yours are adorbs.

    Love Jan Brett and LOVE that Orla Kiely soap line... we have tomato vine in the bathroom now. Loving it. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice having your body back to yourself after 4 (or 5 in my case) pregnancies. I hear ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey, I love not being pregnant, too. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm, pregnancy IS bad! Obviously having a baby, participating with God in the creation of a new soul, yadda yadda yadda is worth it, but being pregnant is the pitts.

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...