Friday, March 13, 2015

Seven Quick Takes vol. 116



Clicking with Kelly today for some seven randoms - because what are Fridays for?


{one}



Hello my long lost readers! I feel as if I haven't had any time to think let alone write anything of worth lately because I was dealing with a pox upon my house. We had a weird illness: fevers, coughing, not quite the flu but sufficient to knock everyone out to a whining lethargy, which went on to transform into the bacterial friend of all parents, ear infections. It went through every kid, each one dropping the next day and it almost killed me. I know, I'm being super dramatic but almost two weeks of baby lying on me, too much Netflix, constant needs needing to be attended, and only getting out of the house to go to the doctors was rough. The kids have been better since Monday, of course that was when I went down with sinus headaches for a couple days, but now I think we're in recovery and trying to get back on track!




{two}



It's been over a year and a half since every kid was seriously sick at the same time in our house. Which I think it ridiculously good. But by being really healthy, my kids have had no practice in creating a patient sick-kid mom. So they have to deal with me who pretty much loses patience after two days of lying around. I think I actually did fairly well, but in my head I couldn't stop being tired of having so much sickness in everyone. But we survived? Maybe it was a Lent thing...maybe I grew in holiness somehow? Let's hope so!




{three}



Does anyone else ever experience this weird feeling after all the kids are finally healthy again and feel like you have to re-learn how to make plans and live a normal life? I swear all week I went around double checking myself before making plans for the upcoming weekend, "Can we go swimming next Sunday? Oh, I guess we can...we're not sick anymore...." It felt so strange and bizarre. It was as if when we were all sick I couldn't imagine a time where we wouldn't be sick and able to get out of the house! 

More evidence I'm losing my mind. I get it.





{four}




Other than the sickness and surviving I feel like I have no news. It's like I've been in a bunker. A bunker full of germ makers. While rocking sick kids to sleep I watched more Friday Night Lights - I just want a Southern accent! And I watched a couple episodes of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt which I thought was a cute show, although I haven't been laughing out loud a la 30 Rock yet, but I'm willing to give it more time. 




{five}

Does endless winter make anyone else shop for outrageously priced handbags online? Because I think it's becoming my new hobby. 

Tory Burch, $660.80 CAD

Michael Kors. $531.00

Kate Spade, $298 USD


Le sigh. A bag for the price of half a mortgage payment....





{six}



Dom lost one of his front teeth last week and I swear it gives me physical pains. It just seems impossible that my baby has lost a tooth. Yes, this has happened already, but no, I can't get over the shock it makes me feel. But he's sporting a sweet grin and has developed a bit of a lisp that is really adorable when he starts talking fast. Like when he and Luke rushed over to me yesterday telling me they discovered...MUD!!




{seven}



We had a great time talking to Karen Edmisten this week on the podcast. If you haven't had a chance to listen I really think you'll enjoy it, we talk about just about everything and Karen is such a down to earth but inspiring person. 

Hope you all have a great weekend - if it's above freezing rejoice! 








follow along:

facebook ~ instagram ~ pinterest

7 comments:

  1. #5? YES. always. no idea what it is. shoes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've been suffering from the same plague down here in California. I know a family in Georgia who is suffering from it, one in Colorado.... You know, if they shot people with this strain of the flu virus, we'd all be a lot better off this year. Way to go missing the mark on that one.

    And #3. Absolutely. Yes. I'm not sure what we did before we got sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #4! I watch it on the treadmill and find myself laughing out loud and cringing alternately. The song in the first episode had me laughing hysterically. I'm a sucker for a remix.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it weird that I think the most exciting thing about this post is that your kids found MUD?! OMG. Spring. Spring is nigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your crew is on the mend! I used to search expensive purses and buy them sometimes...then my hubby and I met Dave Ramsey, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know exactly how you feel after the kids get better. I still feel like I'm waiting for the next bomb to drop and can't plan anything! not even our days at home!

    As for the bags, sigh. Yes, I looked a few weeks ago, just to torture myself.

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...