Friday, November 9, 2012

Seven Quick Takes vol. 22


Joining the wonderful Jen again this week, be forewarned these were written on very little sleep, so apply a sense of humour!


{one}

Last night was one of those blissful times when the baby screams mysteriously for hours. 
I gotta say, my compassion-for-unknown-things-that-make-babies-and-toddlers-unhappy tank is about empty come 4 in the afternoon...2 am....not a lot of compassion coming from mommy. Somehow we all survived the night. So that's gotta count for something right??

{two}

the baby screamer


But!! Looking on the brightside of my crazy nights, this morning I woke up not wanting to give up on life. I take this as a huge sign I've advanced in motherhood. A couple years ago that small amount of sleep would have completely ruined my day and made me a horrible person to be around for about 5 days, but so far I've been fairly kind, almost cheerful. My children are thanking me.

But now mysterious screamer is squishing his breakfast between his fingers and making a total mess...so we'll see how long I last...

{three}

So that election....was. depressing.

It all boils down to that doesn't it? 

{four}



I finished What Alice Forgot  by Liane Moriarty this week and I really enjoyed it. Just out of pure enjoyment. And it wasn't even sad people!!

Its a wonderfully written story of a woman who gets a wee knock on her head and wakes up not remembering the last ten years of her life. She slowly realizes many things have changed, like her relationship with the husband she adored, her older sister has become distant, and she has no recollection of her three young children. This all sounds so melodramatic and soap opera like but the book is written in a straightforward and easy to read prose that makes it so enjoyable. I think what was really intriguing about the story is the thought that in ten years you can completely change and maybe not even like yourself all that much, and is that a good thing or a bad thing? Anyway, its a good, fun read if you've been waiting around for me to read something happy and not sad.

{five}

The husband got a new job yesterday! I guess that's news!

He'll be doing exactly what he's doing now, exactly where he's been working, but for more money, better benefits, and better chances for career advancement! So that all sounds great doesn't it? And its the job he's wanted for the past three years so good things all around.

Now he gets to break it to his boss that he plans on taking a swack of time off in April to have a fifth baby. Which will in turn blow more minds.

{six}



You guys it is so cold!! I don't want to be one to complain about winter, especially in November, but I'm doing it. I'm complaining. 

Its supposed to feel like -20 today. I've decided to boycott the outdoors. That'll show you weather!

{seven}

Well, I've officially hit that point in pregnancy where I hate clothing. All clothing. Pretty clothing I can't wear and/or shop for, all the boring clothing I own but doesn't fit me, and of course all pants. Pants are evil. 

On that cheerful note I'll bid you all a wonderful weekend, enjoy if you've got a long weekend-I'm looking forward to it!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on all the good news and growth. The election, yeah a bit of a let down. Have you read the register article from Matthew Warner? Really helped me and bunch of friends put it all into perspective - obviously our government is going to enact the change we want so it's time to start changing what we can in our own homes and communities! http://www.ncregister.com/blog/matthew-warner/heres-the-lesson-from-the-election-folks/

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7! Yes! Pants are evil, aren't they!? I'm on the other side of the spectrum 6weeks postpartum. SOOO ready to get out of maternity pants, but the majority of my pre-preggo pants still don't fit. What to do, what to do? Give in and buy more "fat pants"? Suck it up and wait? Live in leggings? haha If it weren't so darn cold, I'd jut be in dresses :)

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...