Well, as a total surprise to moi, the lovely Ashley over at the fun blog The Big White Farmhouse nominated me for this funny blogger award that supports small (read, barely detectable in my case!) blogs.
Bloggers nominate other bloggers, tiny ones with less than 200 followers, and the blogger nominated gets to post 11 random facts about themselves, answer 11 questions posted by the previous blogger, ask 11 questions themselves, and maybe nominate some blogs as well!
So we'll see how far I get, I may take Ashley's lead and cut the questions down a little, but I mean its not like I've got five loads of laundry to fold and a complete disaster of a house to clean? But this seems like a fun distraction on a holiday Monday!
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I'm a ridiculous adherent to routine. I've been trying to deny it for years, but in reality I love routine. Any kind of routine. I'm not sure if this speaks to my disposition towards tradition or my incredible fear/hatred of change. So I'm not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing.
2. I play fantasy football. Which I also am ashamed to admit. Haha, I should remember that this isn't 11 Random Confessions...I've played against my husband since we've been married, so six years, and I'm very competitive about it and now know way too much about the NFL, and watch too much NFL.
3. My biggest pet peeve in life is hearing people chew/the noises people make when eating. You can imagine how well this goes over when eating with 3 toddlers every night.
4. I just returned a huge bag of library books that apparently were due in June. I got a official looking letter that said all the books I hadn't returned were classified as "lost" and that I owed exorbitant amounts of money for picture books. Clearly, I've totally taken for granted that my small town library doesn't charge overdue fines.
5. I need to spend more money on underwear.
6. I'm short. Really short.
7. We're getting a couple new windows in our house this week. I'm excited if only to have our largest window in the house no longer have a giant strip of duct tape going through the middle so to protect small people from the giant and dangerous crack. Also; it'll make us look a tiny bit less redneck. Good thing I don't have neighbours.
8. I played piano forever through school, and got pretty good, but the talent has languished and now I feel pretty bad as to my pathetic level of playing. The only time I get to touch a piano is playing music every week at Mass.
9. I get kinda anxious when I don't have at least one book currently being read. I also have a tendency to travel with at least one book. Even its for a night and I logically know there is going to be no time or situation in which I'd need a book to read. Its kinda weird.
10. Everything tastes better with cream.
11. I abhor camping. I abhor the idea of camping. I just don't understand how all the work that it takes makes an enjoyable "vacation". If God wanted me to camp he wouldn't have created 5-star hotels.
11 Questions Answered and Asked:
1. If you could ask God one question right now, what would it be?
Isn't this question more asking, "What question would we like an answer to from God?" I've got a lot of those right now. Unfortunately mine would sound griping and questioning and ungrateful. I understand thats not great, but there it is.
2. If you could tell your five year old self one thing, what would it be?
Probably relax. You're five and completely taken care of. No need to worry. Yikes, I should probably be telling that exact thing to my 27 year old self right now. Oh, Snap.
3. Why did you start a blog?
I think it was mostly out of the arrogant idea that, hey if they can have a blog I could have a blog! And to just write randomness. Its kind of nice to have a randomness outlet.
4. If you only had one store to shop at for the rest of your life what would it be?
Definitely Winners/Homesense, or the Canadian equivalent of TJMaxx/Marshalls. Its pretty much the one store I actually get to and have the time to shop at right now as it is so I'm pretty close to that desert island idea in reality.
5. What make believe world out of a book would you love to travel to?
I'm just going to adjust this question a tad, but I'd definitely live in a Jeeves and Wooster book! Valets, dressing up for dinner, hanging out in gorgeous English country houses, having only frivolous things to do...that sounds like a great vacation!
6. What do you order at Starbucks?
I adjust by season. Anytime they have pumpkin spice I'll order it! And then the Creme Brûlée Latte at Christmas. Vanilla Latte half-sweet, the rest of the time. And plain iced coffee during the summer.
7. What's your favourite time of day?
Right now my fav time is in the evening right before bed. I can just lie around without too much guilt I should be doing something else, hopefully read a little, not answer any littles' demands for a couple minutes....
And I'm running out of time so heres a couple blog noms!
Haley over at Carrots for Michaelmas-such a good blog and great girl, hopefully she's got less than 200 followers for this!
Molly from Molly Makes Do-A much more talented woman than I, love all her different posts!
And my friend Beka at Treasuring the Little Things, because she hasn't blogged in a while ;)